Friday, March 31, 2017

Bathroom Gossip

Bathroom Gossip is a collection of sticky notes placed around women's bathrooms. The location is centralized at the University of Pittsburgh - Johnstown and revolves around empowering women. For a generation, bathrooms have been a location of hatred, sorrow, bullying and worse. Women bash other women in hopes of making themselves feel better. I wanted to change the presence a bathroom has by incorporating positive notes in places that would be hopefully be seen and appreciated.

I was sure to be unseen and undetected as I placed the notes around campus. I wanted to remain as anonymous as possible for the duration of the project in hopes of capturing the attention of women positively without initial connections. I am unsure of this project really made a difference, but I do hope that someone was empowered by my quotes in keeping their head held high and a sassy step in their walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment